Decide who your business or company is in the market, what customers can count on, how they experience your organization’s brand and why you’re the best fit for these customers.
- Understand what market you’re competing in and what it’s going to take to compete.
- Is the market you are competing in sustainable?
- Is this the right market for your organization to be in? Why?
- Are you relevant in the market and with customers?
- Know how you’re going to win in the market as you talk to customers and develop relationships in the market.
Make sure your business capacities and capabilities can deliver on the promises you’re going to make in the marketplace.
Have a fundamental understanding of the customers in your target market.
- Understand and be able to leverage brand.
- Identify the areas of external communications that can be leveraged for Sales & Marketing.
- Identify existing assets that can be leveraged for Sales & Marketing.
- Understand the roles that individual tactics and initiatives play as you apply market strategy.
- If Sales or Business Development contributes a significant part of revenue, empower them to be valuable to your customers and profitable for the company.